What are your favorite artificial baits ?

What are your favorite artificial baits ?

tsegura
What are your favorite artificial baits for different species of fish ? Maybe it's spinner baits plastic worms etc.. let us know and give us tips on using them . Remember this is a place to share !

Re: What are your favorite artificial baits ?

Bassprochuck
Administrator
  Well I have two favorites actually. For saltwater it has to be a chartreuse glitter cocoho minnow in 1/4 oz with a white or red head. In freshwater I would have to say my handsdown favorite is a 3/8 oz white sinlge round blade spinnerbait. Or maybe chartreuse? The colors a bit of a tossup actually. Either one will work as well and will draw strikes from everything fom bass to garfish.

Re: What are your favorite artificial baits ?

Wildsurvivor
Mepps by far. Ive caught bluegills bass catfish crappie and pike on mepps spinners.

Re: What are your favorite artificial baits ?

Bassprochuck
Administrator
Hey T!
    Found one source so far. You can order 8 packs for 2.99 in 5 different colors. That was the Mann's Mosquito Hawk, right? Well here's the link.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageMANNSOFT-MHNMH.html

You're welcome bud!

Re: What are your favorite artificial baits ?

tsegura
I knew you could find it . I think i like the original design better though , i've caught alot of fish with it . This new design looks big and bulky , or maybe it's just the picture .

Thanks

Re: What are your favorite artificial baits ?

Bassprochuck
Administrator
 I think it's just the pic. According to what I read on the western site it is pretty much a twin of what he's been using for the last 20 years. Guess we'll have to get a pack and find out eh? I don't know why lure makers always have to "improve" their designs tho.  Heddon did the same thing with their  torpedo top water. They rounded off the front end and dropped the spinner off the front. Same name but totally different action. I still say that the old design caught more fish, but I have to admit that the present day torpedo catches plenty as well. I know cause I have a box full! LOL!!