The Gallerys

Bassprochuck
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This topic is for placing general photos of your fishing trips you'd like to share. I've tried to set up a couple of different photo sharing threads to get started, such as "The Ones That Didn't Get Away" for your great catches and "Fun Fotos" for those pics we run across on the net that bring a smile.

Re: The Gallerys

Doro 1
We went fishing on the Illinois River the other day and the Asian carp and taking over the river. They fly out of the water as you pass by in the boats

[URL=http://img23.imageshack.us/i/illinoisriverfishingtri.jpg/][IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8893/illinoisriverfishingtri.jpg[/IMG][/URL]movie+1.mpg

Re: The Gallerys

Bassprochuck
Administrator
That's pretty amazing shots there. Is it really affecting the fishing or they are just so many? Glad to have you here btw.
Chuck

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Doro 1 (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
We went fishing on the Illinois River the other day and the Asian carp and taking over the river. They fly out of the water as you pass by in the boats

[URL=http://img23.imageshack.us/i/illinoisriverfishingtri.jpg/][IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8893/illinoisriverfishingtri.jpg[/IMG][/URL]movie+1.mpg

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/The-Gallerys-tp3353838p3445040.html
To unsubscribe from The Gallerys, click here.

Re: The Gallerys

Doro 1
quote from glfc.org

Asian carp are a significant threat to the Great Lakes because of their size, fecundity, and ability to consume large amounts of food. Asian carp can grow to 100 pounds and up to four feet. They are well-suited to the cold water climate of the Great Lakes region, which is similar to their native Eastern Hemisphere habitats. It is expected that they would compete for food with the valuable sport and commercial fish. If they entered the system, they would likely become a dominant species in the Great Lakes.

Two species of Asian carp-the silver and the bighead carps-escaped into the Mississippi River from southern aquaculture facilities in the early 1990s when the facilities were flooded. Steadily, the carp have made their way northward, becoming the most abundant species in some areas of the Mississippi, out-competing native fish, and causing severe hardship to the people who fish the river. The Chicago Ship and Sanitary Canal connects the Mississippi River to the Great Lakes. Currently, the carp are in the canal and have been sighted approximately 40 miles from Lake Michigan.

We caught quite a few stripers near the dam and the asian carp dont really flop out of the water when you are sitting still... They are a real problem though for the boaters, they can hurt when they hit you. So many land in the boats and hit the skiers

Re: The Gallerys

Bassprochuck
Administrator
Well that just sucks! And I bet that they're poor eating as well like most carp eh? Well glad to hear you caught a bunch of stripers tho. THats always fun!

Re: The Gallerys

Wildsurvivor

Re: The Gallerys

Wildsurvivor
Dip cheese fishing for catfish on the Mississippi River in the rain with the Mrs.>
http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=42739&CID=132004

Re: The Gallerys

Bassprochuck
Administrator
I very much enjoyed watching the clip and only wish I had gotten to go with you! LOL
 I posted it to the gallery on my site for all to enjoy. Again Thanks!
Chuck

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Wildsurvivor (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Canada Fishing trip 2008

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=23058&CID=221145

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/The-Gallerys-tp3353838p3497558.html
To unsubscribe from Re: The Gallerys, click here.