Louisiana Fishing Reports

Bassprochuck
Administrator
 Well not really much to report at the moment. It's been raining pretty solid for about 2 weeks now and the fresh water is pushing the trout out a bit and certainly putting them off their feed, however people are still getting good catches but it's hit or miss. The same goes for fresh water as all the larger lakes and rivers are quite muddy. If you wanna dodge the rain you can still do pretty well if you can find clearer water. Wish all of you luck!

Re: Louisiana Fishing Reports

Bassprochuck
Administrator
 Well the rain has finally stopped and we have a decent cool front in right now! Beautiful weather for fishing anywhere. For saltwater try the beaches and cuts for trout and smoker reds. They will be starting to move into the marsh but some schools can still be found along the beaches.
 For freshwater this is the time of year to limit on bass. They will be feeding pretty much all day so it's definitely time to go looking! I would stick to a spinner bait or a crankbait to cover as much water as I could and just get into a fine day of casting for some fat chunky bass!

This just in. The Shell Beach area is hopping right now with both reds and trout. The report I got was they are catching the trout and reds using shrimp about 3 feet down under a popping cork. Live shrimp for the trout and dead shrimp for the reds. But I'm sure a gold spoon such as a Johnson's Minnow or a cocoho minnow rigged with your favorite color will do as well. For that matter rigging a couple of jigs under a popping cork will also. And if  the bite is on at Shell Beach then pretty much has to be all over the Hopedale area as well! Well that's the newest saltwater flash I have for today. Good Fishing!!

Re: Louisiana Fishing Reports

Bassprochuck
Administrator
   Hopedale area is still unbelievable at the moment. Even with the high winds we had people were still tearing them up. Also doing pretty good in Manchac as well fishing with popping corks and getting a mixed bag of everything from cats to redfish.